Saturday 9 February 2013

To the World I say hello! :D (The "This or That" tag)

This is ridiculously strange, writing on my own blog- the idea that anyone in the World could be reading this (if they know English at least). I thought to myself what better way to christen this blog than by doing a tag? This tag is called the "This or That" tag and will consist of me answering some random questions, some about make-up and some about other things. Lets begin shall we? I'm so excited! :)


Make-up

Blush or Bronzer? Oh, definitely blush! I always use blush in my daily make-up routine, without fail! I'm really pale so I've never been brave enough to use a bronzer. One of these days I will think "Do you know what? YOLO! (I do apologise, it will NEVER happen again 0.0) I'm going to use Bronzer!", but not today...




     
Lip gloss or Lipstick?...this is a really stupid question, LIP GLOSS OBVIOUSLY. Of course I'm joking, I absolutely love lipstick! I hate how lip glosses are so sticky and temperamental! In the way they make your hair stick to your lips and you always have to be careful about anything that goes near your lips, with lipsticks you just put it on and BOOM you're done and fashioning an actual colour! Not a slightly tinted transparent sheen (No hate to lip gloss fanatics, it's personal preference).


Eyeliner of Mascara? This is a tricky one because I love both, if I only had time to put on one it would have to be mascara, I love how such a clever product can really open your eyes and I feel so much more feminine with long eyelashes (it must the notion of being able to "flutter" them ^^).



Foundation or Concealer? I have to say concealer, purely because I tend to get a few blemishes every so often and dark circles under my eyes. Yes, foundation is still a product I use regularly but concealer is something you could easily use without foundation and feel confident it, you could with foundation but only a full coverage one.

Neutral or Colour eye shadow? Definitely neutrals! You really can't beat a good brown, charcoal or taupe eye shadow! I'm not brave enough for bright looks.


Pressed or Loose eye shadow? Pressed, less mess.

Brushes or Sponges? Brushes. I don't think I've ever used a sponge to apply any of my make up, I prefer to dust it on.

Nails

Long or Short? Short, lately my nails have been terrible because I bite them when I'm nervous- I'm doing my A-Levels so...they aren't the best right now. However, usually they are quite long, I prefer my nails not to be too long; they need to be practical.

Acrylic or Natural? I've never used acrylic nails and I've never been tempted to, just the idea of using fake nails completely puts me off (my nails are weak enough without them being suffocated by acrylic).

Brights or Darks? Usually darks, my favourite colour in my collection is a smoky grey. However, I do opt for bright colours in the summer, or if I'm feeling particularly cheerful or optimistic. 

Flower or No flower? I don't really have the patience for that xD

Body

Perfume or Body splash? Perfume I guess...what's a body splash? O.o

Lotion or Body butter? Body butter, it's much more creamy and luxurious, yes moisturing is considered a luxury to me, they also smell really good ^^



Body wash or Soap? Body wash, soap always dries out my skin- body wash is a lot easier to use as well.


Fashion

Jeans or Sweat pants? Jeans! ^^

Long sleeve or Short? Long, can't think of a proper reason.

Dresses or Skirts? Dresses :3 I love to wear dresses with my gorgeous Doc Martin boots ^^ My fashion staple!

Stripes or plaid? I like tartan personally, but out of the given options I would say stripes. 




Flip flops or Sandals? Flip flops ^^ They are so useful for holidays!

Scarves or Hats? Scarves, hats don't really suit me :/




Studs or Dangly earrings? I don't really bother with earrings, if I do I woul usually opt for dangly ones (as I generally wear them when I go out).

Necklaces or Bracelets? Necklaces, I always seem to wear some kind of long necklace with any outfit.


Heels or Flats? Flats, though I do love a killer heel (only rarely wear them though as I'm quite tall- around 5ft 8)

Cowboy boots or Riding boots? Riding Boots ^^ Those shown are one of my many pairs of Doc Martins (not really riding boots but oh well)



Jacket or Hoodie? I prefer Jackets but don't own many.


Hair

Curly or Straight? My hair is naturally dead straight, I love to curl it but I don't usually have the time to do so :(

Bun or Ponytail? Ponytail, or a messy bun. It depends on how I'm feeling.

Bobby pins or Butterfly clips? Definitely bobby pins...if I can find them xD I swear those things grow legs!

Hair spray or Gel? I don't use either on a regular basis, but I've used hair spray more times than I've use gel.

Long or Short? Long!! You can do so much more with it, it always looks so glamorous.

Light or Dark? Dark ^^ 


It doesn't look very straight here but TRUST ME, it is ^^



Side sweep bangs or Full bangs? Side sweep bangs! I remember having a full fringe as a kid, I absolutely hated it, though some people really can work it.

Up or Down? Down, it's less effort- you can tell how lazy I am, can't you?

Random

Rain or Shine? Shine! "Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows..." (sorry, couldn't resist) 

Summer or Winter? Completely contradicting what I just said, I'm going with winter :) It looks so beautiful. 

Fall (Autumn) or Spring? Autumn ^^ all those leaf piles to jump in! Yes please :D

Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla, though I do love chocolate (just NOT dark)


15 Weird Facts


What's a nickname only your family calls you? Ummmm...Lawbo? xD Weird, I know...my Dad's a bit odd.

Do you have any weird phobias? This isn't exactly weird but I'm TERRIFIED of spiders.




What's one of your biggest pet peeves? I can't stand people who eat noisily, so table manners. People who eat with their mouth full make me feel sick, it's so rude!!!

What's one of your nervous habits? As already mentioned I bite my nails, I also feel dizzy and kind of babble 0.0

What's a song you secretly love to blast and belt out when you're alone? I genuinely can't think of one, how boring ^^ Probably some old-school song by McFly ^^


See!! STRAIGHT! D:


What side of the bed do you sleep on? In the middle because my bed is a single :L

What's a weird habit of yours? I don't really have many weird habits, though I will dip pretty much anything into a cup of tea. Nothing savoury (I won't dip something like curry into my brew, don't worry ^^), I meant sweet things. I have been known to dip chocolate in tea, cake, and haribo :/ I'm not insane, I promise.




What was your first stuffed animal and its name? I have a cuddly toy of Piglet (from Winnie the Pooh) which I've had since I was a baby...called Piglet.

What's the beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice? I can't think of many, probably making sure I wash my hands before I apply make-up or washing my brushes recently.

Which way do you face in the shower? I face away from the shower, towards the door.

Do you have any weird body skills? No, I'm so boring! I often wish I could move the joints in my fingers so they move like a fish...but I'm not special enough.

What's your favourite comfort food that's "bad", but you love to eat it anyway? Rice pudidng, I could live on the stuff.

What's a phrase or exclamation you always say? "What the hell?", "Bloody Hell" (how British I am -_-),      "I see" etc.   

And that's it!! Wow, that was exhausting. If you're still reading this I applaud your dedication and perseverance and I tag YOU!!! ^^ I can't wait to start some more posts for you all. I have a few reviews to put up, a haul, some tutorials and some "collection" ideas, stay tuned! Feel free to leave me some love in the form of a comment. If you liked this post and want to follow me, please do! I'll check out your blog if you do and I'll leave you some love as well ^^

Lots of love, Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.