Wednesday 20 March 2013

My Latest Amazon Bargain! Calvin Klein lipstick in Desire


Sorry for my lack of make up...I was short on time :(
Hey everyone! Today I'm going to be sharing my latest lippie purchase from Amazon which is a Calvin Klein lipstick in the shade Desire. This lipstick is a gorgeous deep pinky plum colour (possibly verging on a "berry" shade), which is really annoying because it's a lovely colour for winter... but winter is over now -_-' Next year, I guess xD 



The packaging of the lipstick looks really basic but quite sleek, it's plastic which feels quite cheap but at the same time it's quite sturdy (how does that even work? O.o). It's fine but I would expect nicer packaging from a "designer" brand (it's technically designer right?)



The colour actually looks really golden here but it's due to my bedroom light. The shade name and lipstick type ("Delicious Luxury") are put on a sticker on the side of the casing, which is good for reference but doesn't earn the product any points for being aesthetically pleasing. 

Top- Lipstick with No7 lipgloss (see below) Bottom- Lipstick alone
You can see from the swatches that the lipstick is very pigmented, creamy and goes on smoothly, I would describe it as having a "buttery" consistency. The bottom swatch is the lipstick on its own but the top swatch is the lipstick topped with some No7 High Shine Lipgloss in Whisper.


Sorry about the rubbish picture...



Another rubbish picture (sorry) with the lipgloss



 Overall, I really like this lipstick and think it would be perfect for a night out. The colour is so vibrant and it looks lovely with the lipgloss and it was so cheap! YAY! I'm been really into berry shades lately but this years Spring make up trends seem to point towards a pink/coral lip...time to dig out my beloved Maybelline "Coral Tonic"!
What's your favourite lipstick bargain?
I got the Calvin Klein lipstick for £2.89 here 

Lots of love, Laura xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.