Wednesday 26 June 2013

Review: MUA Powder Blush new shades! In Bon Bon, Cupcake, & Candyfloss

Hey everyone!
Top to bottom- Bon Bon, Cupcake, Candyfloss
Today I have a quick review of the brand new Make Up Academy powder blushes!

I picked up three of the six shades (Bon Bon, Candyfloss, & Cupcake).

 Swatches
L to R- Bon Bon, Cupcake, Candyfloss
As you can see from the swatches, Candyfloss is quite weak in pigmentation and a tad patchy but Bon Bon and Cupcake are pigemented nicely. I did find that the blushes were a bit chalky when I swatched them but they are actually really soft and nice to apply.


The blushes-
Bon Bon- A pretty matte pink blush with coral undertones. A really nice colour for summer.
Cupcake- A really nice matte pink peach nude blush. It's so natural and gives a gorgeous flush to the cheeks. Probably my favourite out of the three. I thought it would be a great dupe for Sleek's "Suede" blush.
Candyfloss- I really want to love this blush!! It's a gorgeous pink with lilac undertones, a colour I've been loving lately, but it's too sheer to be appreciated -_- My least favourite of the three. It has a very subtle bit of shimmer.

My face fashioning Cupcake ^^
Overall, I really like Cupcake but I find Bon Bon and Candyfloss a bit hard to work with, Bon Bon is a bit to bright for my liking but is nice when sheered it, however, I find it difficult to get a nice even distribution on the skin. 

The main issue I found with these is the fallout! It's terrible! I like to apply my blush with a fluffy face brush but one sweep on the pan causes a lot of fallout (see picture below). I find that it wasn't so bad with a denser brush but it's still pretty bad.

Also, the packing...the clasp on Cupcake broke as soon as I opened it. It feels really cheap and flimsy (they are only £1 I guess but the old packaging is practical, at least!)


I do love the new colours but I really feel like MUA have downgraded with these blushes! Especially when the old ones are so amazing! I expected great things but MUA really didn't deliver this time, as much as it pains me to say it.

Lots of love, Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.