Wednesday 27 March 2013

Review: Collection Volume Sensation Lipstick in "Tea Rose"

Hey everyone! Today I have a quick review of one of Collection's lipsticks (formerly Collection 2000).


I picked this shade up in shade 12 which is called "Tea Rose"- a name that is both pretty and appropriate. The colour is a gorgeous coral/pink toned nude which looks a lot more pink in the bullet than when applied. This is a lovely natural nude that doesn't wash out my really pale skin (like most nudes do) and adds a beautiful flush of colour to the lips- think "your lips but better", it's so flattering!



You can see in the picture that the formulation is really creamy, I would describe the finish as been a "satin" one. However, this doesn't compromise the lasting power which is a good 3 or 4 hours. When first applied the lipstick feels really moisturising but I do find it quite drying after a while so a good layer of lip balm may be necessary if you have dry lips.

L- One swipe, R- Two swipes
I have noticed that the lipstick does feel slightly "plumping" as it has a slightly cool, tingly feel when first applied but this soon goes away- I didn't really notice any volume from the product but it doesn't really bother me. This lipstick does have a slight synthetic "marshmallowy" scent which many may not like but I quite like it, it does go away once applied.


The only thing I don't really like about the lipstick is the packaging. The hot pink plastic case looks fun but not very "classy". I guess companies like "Collection" are aimed at young teenagers who would LOVE the pink but still! On the plus side, it makes it easy to find in your collection (it sticks out like a sore thumb on my dressing table).


 





VERDICT- I really like this lipstick. I think the quality and colour are gorgeous for the price (£2.99) and I would like to see what other shades they have.

Thanks for reading this "short" review (haha...) I know this wasn't in my Spring haul, which I could of put it in, but I only got it today and was desperate to review it! I think I'm going to review my Rimmel blush next, so exciting!!!! Keep tuned for that ^^

Have you tried this lipstick? What do you think?
This lipstick will be perfect for spring! Yay :D
Lot of love, Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.