Sunday 10 February 2013

My first review! Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial ^^

Hey everyone! I know, two posts in one day- it's a Sunday afternoon and I'm very bored :) So I decided what better way to spend my time than not revising and giving you a review on Rimmel's latest beauty treasure. The Apocalips range have been out for just over a week now (I think) and have already received so much acclaim from bloggers everywhere. The design of the product is funky, with the oddly shaped end and the transition from black to clear, which makes it easy to see what shade it is. The product is described as a "lip lacquer" which to me would be a hybrid between lipstick and lip gloss...which is pretty much what it is!


It's a really highly pigmented liquid (which is quite thick) like a lipstick that dries to a semi-matte finish.

In natural light

In artificial light
I purchased celestial which is a gorgeous muted rose pink shade that, when applied lightly, is perfect for daytime wear. I absolutely adore rosy pink shades in lipsticks so naturally this is the shade I gravitated towards.

The applicator is similar to any doe-foot applicator which is a reasonable size and very flexible, which makes application a breeze, the end is also quite pointy so it is easy to apply it to the corners of your mouth. The applicator has a little groove in it which holds enough product for thick application, it's very useful!


Here are some pictures of me wearing it (shield your eyes xD)

In natural light
In artificial light
VERDICT- I have to agree with all the other blogs and say that I absolutely love this product!! Rimmel have really got a winner on their hands, they have brought out loads of great products recently. I love the colour, the texture, the lasting power (it lasts AGES) and the packaging is adorable. The only thing I've not too fond of is the smell, it's not unbearable but reminds me of these blackcurrant ice lollies I had as a kid (I used to hate them xD), but I can deal with it- many other bloggers love the smell. I got this product in Boots for £5.99 which is amazing for the quality! Rimmel also have a 3 for 2 offer on a the moment so I got this, their Stay Matte Powder (my third one xD) and their Scandal Eyes Eyeliner (let me know if you want a review), so now is a great time to get it!



Lots of love, Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.