I hope you're doing well in your exams if you're doing them like I can...2 down, 3 to go ^^ So, have you ever needed a quick cake fix? Want to learn how to make a cake in a mug? In three minutes?Of course you do! Listen up children :3
|I didn't add enough oil so this one was a bit dry, but it still tasted goooooood :D|
- A mug
- 2 tbsp of Self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder or a tsp of vanilla essence
- any cake fillings you want (chocolate chips etc.)
1. Add the flour (sifted), sugar, oil, milk and egg to a medium/large sized mug and mix like cray-zay (spelling intentional)
2. Add the cocoa if you want the cake to be chocolate, or vanilla essence if you want vanilla (obviously xD) and mix it thoroughly, making sure that the mixture is smooth.
3. Put the mug into the microwave and put it on for 2 minutes (yep, that's right)
4. Leave it to cool for a few minutes. Yes, it will look a tad strange when it comes out but roll with it- it tastes like cake.
5. Dust with icing sugar, if you're feeling fancy, grab a fork and INDULGE :3
YAY!! The texture of the cake will be dry and tough if you don't add enough oil and the cake will rise too much if you add too much flour so be careful xD (I did that when my friend Becky and I first did this, the cake rose so much it overflowed and slumped over the edge of the cup, it was hilarious :'D).
Lots of love, Laura xx
P.S. There are loads of variety of this recipe online. Here's an example- http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7622/5-minute-chocolate-mug-cake.aspx
P.P.S. I just realised that I forgot to put the milk in this one...whoops, now I know why it was so dry xD